Lakefield VisionCare is
OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
during this current lockdown.
Rest assured, we strictly follow all PPE and safety guidelines as directed by Public Health and the Ontario College of Optometrists.
Unfortunately, we have had to significantly change our schedule due to COVID-19. We have had to cancel all future appointments that were scheduled prior to being shut down in March 2020. Please call or email to reschedule your appointment. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Lakefield VisionCare COVID-19 Infection Prevention Policies
Our clinic has always strived to provide safe and comprehensive eye care. We have been working hard and are committed to following the College of Optometry and Ministry of Health COVID-19 advisories to ensure a safe experience for all.
New Office Preventative Measures:
- COVID-19 questionnaire – Patients will be asked a series of questions to rule out COVID-19 risk factors before booking an appointment and again before office entry. Appointments will not be scheduled for patients who have symptoms of COVID-19, who are living with someone that has symptoms, who have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who have travelled outside of Canada within 14 days.
- APPOINTMENT ONLY - The office will provide all services by appointment only including eyewear selection, adjustment and repair and comprehensive eye examinations. Please contact us at (705) 652-6622 or at email@example.com to book your appointment.
- Protective barriers – We have installed protective shields on our reception desk and equipment.
- Less Direct Contact - We will collect more patient information over the phone, email paperwork such as prescriptions and receipts and accept credit cards, debit cards and e-transfer (no cash or cheques). Retinal imaging is strongly recommended by the doctors.
- Disinfection Protocol – All staff have been trained on proper disinfection procedures. High-touch surfaces will be frequently disinfected and Lakefield VisionCare continues to sanitize every instrument and device directly in contact with patients before use with the next patient.
Doing YOUR part to keep Lakefield VisionCare safe:
- Hand Hygiene – Staff and Doctors will continue to practice good hand hygiene before and after every patient interaction. Hand sanitizing stations are available at the clinic entrance and in the office. We ask that you use these stations BEFORE entry and after touching your face.
- PPE - Optometrists and staff will be wearing masks and face shields/safety eyewear. Patients are required to wear masks upon entering the office (one can be purchased for a small fee).
- Physical Distancing – Our staff must keep physically separated by 2m as much as possible. We are promoting physical distancing by controlling the number of patients in the office, increasing the time between scheduled appointments and offering curbside pick-up. Please contact us at (705) 652-6622 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to make such arrangements.
- If ill, stay home - Optometrists and staff will not come to work when ill, we ask all patients to do the same.